Which is Better: Kia vs. Honda?
When shopping for a reliable and budget-friendly sedan, coupe, or SUV, comparing Kia vs. Honda is a logical step. From the Kia warranty to Honda reliability, both brands are known for delivering quality vehicles at a great price. When you’re ready to shop for your next vehicle, review our Kia vs. Honda guide to determine which brand you should choose for your next vehicle.
Kia vs. Honda: Brand Review
Compare Kia vs. Honda, and it’s clear that both offer a variety of vehicles that include sedans, hatchbacks, SUVs, minivans, and EVs. However, these brands do include several differences worth noting, such as:
- Warranty: A quick look at each Limited Powertrain Warranty, and you’ll see the Kia warranty offers more coverage at 10 years/100,000 miles. Meanwhile, Honda only offers a 5-year/60,000 mile warranty.
- Technology: The Kia UVO system allows you to connect your mobile device to Bluetooth® while Honda offers a similar level of connectivity with its HondaLink® feature.
- Safety: No matter which vehicle you choose, you want to feel confident it’ll keep you protected when it counts. Honda models feature the Honda Sensing® suite, but Kia delivers an impressive range of passive and active safety features. Here’s what each model has to provide peace of mind in Trenton:
- Kia: Brake assist system and hill start assist control, cornering brake control and electronic brake-force distribution, lower anchors and tethers for kids, tire pressure monitoring system, electronic stability control and traction control system, front and rear crumple zones, vehicle stability management system and rollover mitigation
- Honda: Collision Mitigation Braking System™, Road Departure Mitigation System, Adaptive Cruise Control, Lane Keeping Assist System
Kia Optima vs. Honda Accord
- The 2020 Kia Optima comes with a starting price of $23,190 MSRP and runs on a 185-hp 2.4L DOHC 16-valve I-4 engine. With this standard engine, it gets an EPA-estimated fuel efficiency of 25 mpg city/35 mpg highway.
- The 2020 Honda Accord starts at $23,870 MSRP. The Accord is powered by a 192-hp 1.5L 4-cylinder engine, and it’s rated at 30 mpg city/38 mpg highway.
Kia Sorento vs. Honda Pilot
- The 2020 Kia Sorentohas a starting price of $26,690 MSRP. A 185-hp 2.4L DOHC 16-valve I-4 engine is found under the hood, and it achieves an EPA-estimated fuel efficiency of 22 mpg city/29 mpg highway.
- The 2020 Honda Pilot starts out at $31,550 MSRP and provides drivers a standard 280-hp 3.5L V6 engine that manages 19 mpg city/27 mpg highway.
Kia Sedona vs. Honda Odyssey
- The 2020 Kia Sedonais priced at $27,400 MSRP to start and boasts a 276-hp 3.3L V6 engine as standard. Outfitted with this engine, the Sedona is rated for an EPA-estimated fuel efficiency of 18 mpg city/24 mpg highway.
- The 2020 Honda Odyssey comes with a $30,690 MSRP price point and a 280-hp 3.5L V6 engine. Drivers can expect an EPA-estimated 19 mpg city/28 mpg highway with the Odyssey.
Kia Soul vs. Honda Fit
- The 2020 Kia Soulhas an MSRP starting at $17,490. For this price, you’ll get a 147-hp 2.0L 4-cylinder engine that’s able to hit up to 25 mpg city/31 mpg highway.
- The 2020 Honda Fit has a starting price of $16,190 MSRP, and it comes with a 130-hp 1.5L4-cylinder engine. It gets an EPA-estimated fuel efficiency of 29 mpg city/36 mpg highway.
Have You Decided Between Kia or Honda?
Whether you’re still debating between the Kia Sportage vs. Honda CR-V, or are ready to browse our extensive inventory of new Kia models, Auffenberg Kia is here to help. Contact us today to learn more about our inventory of Kia models, their features, and more!
More From Auffenberg Kia
The 2021 Kia Sorento towing capacity and its features are among the main reasons why it’s a top Smithton family choice. The Kia Sorento towing maxes out at 3,500 pounds when it’s properly equipped so you never have to stress over hauling through O'Fallon again! Explore the Kia Sorento inventory and dive deep into the…
The 2021 Kia K5 interior will not only offer you comfort, but the ability to stay connected safely while offering you a peace of mind. Throughout the Kia K5 interior, you’ll notice features like advanced technology, seating color options, and convenience features to make your daily Smithton commute a breeze. The team at Auffenberg Kia in…
Searching for a feature-packed vehicle with plenty of space for passengers and cargo? The 5-seat Kia Sportage crossover is a top choice of families across Mascoutah — and it’s easy to see why when you take a look inside the cabin! Explore the Kia Sportage interior amenities, technology features, and dimensions below, and then find…