Is the 2020 Kia Soul AWD?
The 2020 Kia Soul is making waves around Mascoutah and Smithton, and drivers are eager to see if there are any Kia Soul AWD options available. Many drivers come to us wondering, “Is the Kia Soul all-wheel drive?” Some even ask, “Is the Kia Soul front-wheel drive?” The 2020 Kia Soul is not available with AWD; all current and past Kia Soul models are FWD. This doesn’t mean that the Soul can’t hold its own on the road, as there are plenty of incredible performance features to meet your needs. Learn more about the Kia Soul drivetrain options at Auffenberg Kia.
Is the Kia Soul Front-Wheel Drive Model Your Only Option?
While drivers set on all-wheel-drive capabilities can surely find it in Kia AWD models like the Kia Sorento, Kia Stinger, and Kia Sportage, the Soul offers up an impressive engine configuration, transmission, and performance specs, all of which support the Soul’s front-wheel-drive capabilities. Check out what you’ll find under the hood of the Kia Soul:
- Most Kia Soul models include a 2.0-liter In-line 4-cylinder engine, producing 147 hp and 132 lb-ft of torque. Those who upgrade all the way to the GT Line Turbo trim will find even more to love in their 1.6-liter turbocharged In-line 4-cylinder engine, which generates up to 201 hp and 195 lb-ft of torque.
- The baseline Soul LX can be equipped with a manual transmission or an intelligent variable transmission. The IVT (standard on most other models) offers better fuel economy, but some drivers prefer the stick shift for the more engaging drive that it offers. Upgrade to the GT Line Turbo for a 7-speed dual-clutch transmission that combines the best elements of both!
Kia Soul Safety Features
To go along with the vehicle’s stable and durable performance and drivetrain, Soul customers can access a wide variety of safety features to keep drivers more alert and protected behind the wheel. The Soul’s safety systems were even singled out for praise by receiving a Top Safety Pick+ designation from the IIHS. These are just some of the available safety and driver-assist features you’ll find in the 2020 Soul:
- Electronic Stability Control (ESC)
- Vehicle Stability Management (VSM)
- Hill-Start Assist Control (HAC)
- Tire-Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
- Electronic Brake-Force Distribution (EBD)
- Smart Cruise Control
- Head-Up Display
- LED Headlights
- And Much More!
Test Drive the Kia Soul at Auffenberg Kia!
Now that we’ve answered your question regarding Kia AWD models, stop by Auffenberg Kia to experience this powerful crossover in person. Learn more about Kia Soul features like Kia UVO, or explore the Kia Soul mpg. Then, browse our inventory of new and used Soul models for sale to find a model that suits your needs. Contact us to get the car buying process started or to schedule a test drive near Shiloh and New Baden!
Learn More about the Soul
The 2020 Kia Soul is making waves around Mascoutah and Smithton, and drivers are eager to see if there are any Kia Soul AWD options available. Many drivers come to us wondering, “Is the Kia Soul all-wheel drive?” Some even ask, “Is the Kia Soul front-wheel drive?” The 2020 Kia Soul is not available with…
A reliable like the 2020 Kia Soul can truly make your commute much more efficient and safe on Mascoutah and Smithton roads. That’s why the Kia Soul is receiving praise from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration and the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety. From its incredible crash test ratings to its numerous dependable safety…
Customers looking for a midsize SUV capable of any job around Mascoutah should look no further than the 2019 Kia Sorento. The new Sorento tow package delivers a towing capacity of up to 5,000 pounds. And, to meet the demands of every driver and each unique job, the Sorento comes in several available trims to…